Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging?

Evan Jones5
Resident

Re: Tagging?

Jump to solution

I just started a trial for Egnyte, not a good sign that this is still an issue from December of last year.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Jump to solution

Hi Evan,

Thanks for your message.  There are currently no open issues with Tagging in the Classic View that I know of.  We are now working on implementing the tagging feature into the new interface. If you're experiencing an issue with tags, please submit a ticket to the helpdesk so we can look into this further.

Best, Chris

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

There's been an issue with tagging in classic that I opened a ticket about and it has yet to be addressed. There needs to be an option to either scroll down to click "tag" in the tagging window or to hit return to submit tags rather than having to hit the tag button at all. You can only use so many tags and then the interface won't allow you to submit tags anymore because the button travels so far down within the window. Also, when I joined I was told that tagging would be available "very shortly" in the new interface. Months later does not feel like "very shortly" when I can't build out the search functionality... Which is the main reason we're using Egnyte. Can I get a better ETA on this?

0 Kudos
Mary Ales
Resident

Jump to solution

Do you have an eta on tagging in the new interface?

0 Kudos
Marcin Zmudzki
Resident

Jump to solution

Has tagging been fixed or is it still broken? Is it working in Classic view? Is it working in the New Look?

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Marcin,

Tagging is not currently available in the New Look. I will post here when I have an update on when this will be available, but it is not on our short-term roadmap.

• Trey
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Trey,

Thanks for your update on the TAGGING feature at the New UI:-)

I think, this will be only a matter of implementing some UI features, since the tool has been already available for a long time already.

WERNER

0 Kudos
Lou Ghaddar
Resident

Jump to solution

I am also interested in the tagging functionality being available in the new Interface. We need tags, and the old interface leaves a lot to be desired. I work for a cutting edge company, and would love to have an interface complete with tags that doesn't look like Windows 95.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the post. Tagging is not on our short term roadmap, but I will add you as a +1 for bringing this feature to the New UI. I'll update this page as soon as I have an update on when tagging will be available.

In the meantime, if tagging is critical for your company, a possible workaround might be to create your tags in the Classic Interface and then switch back to the New Look. While you cannot create tags in the New interface, you will still be able to search for them.

• Shyam
0 Kudos
Brian Katzman1
Resident

Jump to solution

Shyam,

I agree with everyone on this thread, I cannot believe that tagging has been removed.  It is SO vital and one that was used in our normal workflow.  Going back and forth between the two interfaces is a horrible experience and work around.  Please fix this as soon as possible.

Brian

0 Kudos