Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking who moved a folder?

Highlighted
Andy Hipple1
Steward

Tracking who moved a folder?

Jump to solution

We have a huge issue with people accidentally dragging and droping folders.  The search tool in the Web UI helps us find them and put them back quickly.  However is there a report that would tell me who moved a folder?    It seems like it only shows this information for files.  Thank you

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Tracking who moved a folder?

Jump to solution

Hello @Andy Hipple1,

Most definitely we do. If you have audit reports enabled on your Egnyte domain, then the file audit report should fetch you this information. 

File Audit Report: Includes information about the activities performed by each user on the files/folders in your file server. This enables you to track down various activities across your file server at a user level. The Audit Report is available for Business plans or higher.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
1 Reply
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Tracking who moved a folder?

Jump to solution

Hello @Andy Hipple1,

Most definitely we do. If you have audit reports enabled on your Egnyte domain, then the file audit report should fetch you this information. 

File Audit Report: Includes information about the activities performed by each user on the files/folders in your file server. This enables you to track down various activities across your file server at a user level. The Audit Report is available for Business plans or higher.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."