Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trash Features - Sort by Size?

Highlighted
Heather MacMast
Vigilante

Trash Features - Sort by Size?

Jump to solution

When the new trash search improvements were rolled out did they include the ability to Sort by Size? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Sagar

Re: Trash Features - Sort by Size?

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

Once we start precalculating folder sizes on deletion then we could allow sort on the size column. I do see a engineering ticket filed for sorting the trash by size, but unfortunately there is no release date set. One good thing is that this issue is known to the engineering and they would be putting in efforts to introduce this feature on the UI. 

As for the search filter is concerned, you can use the custom filter to enter the date range.Trash contents are retained as per the Trash Retention Policy on your domain. So any date with the Trash Retention Period should be usable in the search filter.

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott Page1
Resident

Jump to solution

Hello Heather,

It doesn't look like file size was included.  See attached.

0 Kudos
Trey Howard1
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi folks,

You are correct; this is not something currently offered. I will bring it up with our UI product manager and will post back to this forum when I have an update.

Thanks for choosing Egnyte!

Trey

0 Kudos
Chris Clay
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hello,

I realize this post goes back a ways, but having the ability to sort by size within the Trash is a much needed feature.  I need the ability to quickly identify and sort by largest items first that are currently in the Trash.  All the other columns can be sorted by, so why not the Size column?  Will we be seeing this anytime soon?  

Would also like to be able to search the trash using the filter and search across all dates when entering search criteria.  The deleted date option appears to be somewhat limited when you perform a filtered search.  Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems to be a challenge to perform a filtered search across the entire date range of the Trash.

0 Kudos
Moderator Sagar

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

Once we start precalculating folder sizes on deletion then we could allow sort on the size column. I do see a engineering ticket filed for sorting the trash by size, but unfortunately there is no release date set. One good thing is that this issue is known to the engineering and they would be putting in efforts to introduce this feature on the UI. 

As for the search filter is concerned, you can use the custom filter to enter the date range.Trash contents are retained as per the Trash Retention Policy on your domain. So any date with the Trash Retention Period should be usable in the search filter.

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos