cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with SharePoint Online Webpart and Google Chrome.

Andy Hipple1
Steward

Trouble with SharePoint Online Webpart and Google Chrome.

I can't get this to happen on other browsers or frankly other chrome installs. It's something with my PC setup that the issue. Basically when you add the Egnyte Webpart to a Sharepoint page, it doesn't pass your credentials through nor will it let you ever login. I tired turning off the PC firewall, uninstalling any Chrome extensions I wasn't using. Clearing the cache.......etc. Anyone else run into this and have a suggestion?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Trouble with SharePoint Online Webpart and Google Chrome.

Hello @Andy Hipple1,

This is really surprising that we did not get any suggestions/workarounds from any of our community members. I did sweep sharepoint related support tickets in the past few months. There were only a handful but none that matched the issue you saw. 

We have seen you help other users in the community with your Egnyte expertise. But when I see such an issue, I personally try the simplest way first. Try the exact steps on a different browser (already tried by you) to see if that helps or a similar behavior is exhibited. This helps to to isolate the issue. Next simplest thing is to try re-installing the Chrome or create a different user profile in Chrome.

If this is still an issue, you can try any of the untried steps from above. Just sharing my thoughts.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Andy Hipple1
Steward

I'm normally ok with a slight work-around, but 100% of my people use Chome, so switching to Edge or IE where it works isn't an option for me at this time.  No, this is still not resolved.  I feel this is an open issue with Chrome.  I am currently on Version 70.0.3538.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @Andy Hipple1,

Thanks for the update. I see you mentioned that you did not find this issue with any of the other Chrome installs. I assume you mean the earlier versions of Chrome (correct me if I am wrong).

If only the Chrome Version 70.0.3538.67 seems to cause this and that too for all your users, then I recommend you open a case with our support team. I am sure this will need some intervention from our Integrations team too.

I ask you to connect with them coz like my earlier mention, I did not find any issues similar to what you experienced being reported to support. 

Thanks. 

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos