Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create alias on Mac for Webdav

Evantage Techno
Vigilante

Unable to create alias on Mac for Webdav

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are trying to create a shortcut (alias) for webdav on one of our user's Macbook but it keeps on telling us that there is an error. I have attached the error.

Please advise on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kathleen 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Unable to create alias on Mac for Webdav

Jump to solution

Hello Kathleen,

I have responded to the support ticket you had raised for this issue. 

The issue with creating alias on MAC has been resolved in this version. I would recommend you to first upgrade the app on your MAC machine and test this. I have personally tested this on the latest MAC OS and it worked absolutely fine. 

You can download the installer for the Desktop App on MAC from the link below: - 

https://egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com/egnytedrive/mac/en-us/3.0.0/EgnyteConnect_3.0.0_201186.pkg

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Kathleen,

Do you mind sharing the steps you are taking while trying to create the alias ? Also supporting screenshots may help. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Evantage Techno
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

I have attached the screenshot of where we were yesterday.

The encircled folder is the one that we are trying to create a shortcut.

The other attached file is the place that we go to in Mac to select Make Alias; File > Make Alias. The other option is to right-click the folder then select Make Alias.

The last attached picture is the error that we got.

Please also be informed that we tested other folders on the computer to make alias and we were able to do so.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Kathleen Garcia

0 Kudos
Evantage Techno
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

Do you have an update?

Thanks,
Kathleen

0 Kudos
Evantage Techno
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

Any update?

Thanks,
Kathleen

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Kathleen,

I wrote to our Product Team about this already. I just wanted to confirm that with webdav, you mean to say the Desktop App (Egnyte Drive), right ?

I tried this on one of the MAC machines I had access too and was able to see the same error as you did. I will follow up again today and write back.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Evantage Techno
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

Thank you for the update.

You are correct, the webdav is the desktop app.

I shall wait for your update then.

0 Kudos
Evantage Techno
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

My apologies.

It is not the desktop app but a mapped Egnyte drive. It is similar to the desktop app also.

We create the shared drive then we try to create the shortcut. That is where we get the error that I sent you.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Evantage Techno

Understood. I did not test the webdav. I will do it today and check with my Product Team for review.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Evantage Techno,

I performed my tests using web-dav and the Egnyte Drive App. I too encountered errors while trying to create alias to a folder. I am not sure if this comes as a product restriction. So I have written to our product team about this. 

More updates to follow once I hear back from them. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Users online (468)
Top Solution Authors