Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Notes and Attachments from Salesforce to Egnyte

Chip Shaw
Deputy

Uploading Notes and Attachments from Salesforce to Egnyte

Jump to solution

Hi,

Notes, Files & Attachments are uploaded to a folder called Notes & Attachments inside the Egnyte record folder. I would just like to have my files uploaded to the default flder for that record and not in a separate Notes & Attachemens folder. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Uploading Notes and Attachments from Salesforce to Egnyte

Jump to solution

Hello @Chip Shaw,

Apologies for any confusion caused due to my reply to your post. I was referring to the custom folder path with the link I had sent over. I mis-understood your question. 

Notes, Files & Attachments are uploaded to a folder called Notes & Attachments inside the record folder. Sadly it is not possible to change the location of the uploads to the default record folder. This is fixed by design. If you want to upload the files to the default folder of the record then you can use the Drag & Drop upload manually on Egnyte Canvas app.

I hope this answers your doubt and also clear the confusion my response might have created. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Chip Shaw,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Upload Notes, Files, & Attachments to Egnyte - If this is enabled, this will cause any new notes and attachments that are added to record for which the integration is enabled to the corresponding record folder in Egnyte. Notes, Files & Attachments are uploaded to a folder called Notes & Attachments inside the record folder. 

Did you review the 'Customize Object Folder Names and Paths' portion in the below article: -

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/217741627-Egnyte-for-Salesforce-Administration

I hope that helps. Let us know if this answers your question. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chip Shaw
Deputy

Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick response @Sagar .

Yes, I read the documentation on Customize Object Folder Names and Paths.

Are you saying that if I set a custom folder path then my Salesforce Notes, Files & Attachments will upload to the custom folder path and not the folder called Notes & Attachments?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Chip Shaw,

Apologies for any confusion caused due to my reply to your post. I was referring to the custom folder path with the link I had sent over. I mis-understood your question. 

Notes, Files & Attachments are uploaded to a folder called Notes & Attachments inside the record folder. Sadly it is not possible to change the location of the uploads to the default record folder. This is fixed by design. If you want to upload the files to the default folder of the record then you can use the Drag & Drop upload manually on Egnyte Canvas app.

I hope this answers your doubt and also clear the confusion my response might have created. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chip Shaw
Deputy

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks @Sagar 

0 Kudos