cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User should not be able to view a folder in the pathname if the user does n

Highlighted
Resident

User should not be able to view a folder in the pathname if the user does n

Is there any way to set the top level folder that a user will see when they sign on? I have a folder that lives in the middle of a folder tree (has a parent), but I don't want the user to see the parent, only those folders they are authorized to.

Currently it reveals other folder structure to users that we don’t want them to see. Any plans to establish a top-level folder for standard users?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: User should not be able to view a folder in the pathname if the user does n

Dan  - Folder permissions should only allow Navigation through a parent without providing access to its contents in the example you mentioned.  Lets say you have /Shared/A/B/C and there are files in A and B and C (where A, B, C are all folders).  If you set a user to have permissions at C and not for A OR B, then they will see A and B as purely 2 folders they can navigate through to get to C.  However, they wont be able to see the contents of A and B (i.e. any files in those folders).  

Also, a general guide to permissions is available in this article - https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/222778-general-setup-advanced-permissions-guide

Please let me know if this addresses your questions.  thanks, rajesh

0 Kudos