cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version History Archiving

Highlighted

Version History Archiving

Hi,

We have some files which are central repository files that multiple users hit constantly. Our Versions count is set to 25. Typically 25 versions of these files only covers about 2 days of version saves. If someone wants to see what the file looked like last month, that history is long gone. What would be interesting is if a file could be archived automatically every time the version history increments N times. So if you set N=25, then after 25 versions a copy would be generated. Ideally this would be visible through the version history function. It really could be a setting per file or folder rather than globally; most files would not need this treatment. 

I suppose with the API we could write something to save off files into an archive folder. Haven't looked into that yet, and wondering if anyone else has done this. 

Thanks,

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Re: Version History Archiving

Hi @David Carroll1, thanks for the suggestion! Since your comment is partially looking for suggestions from the community and partially a product idea, we will keep this post as is to hopefully see if other members have thoughts on workarounds for you.

But additionally, please post your idea on managing versions in our ideas section so our products team can assess the idea and other members can vote on it to show if they have that need as well. 

Thanks!

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos

OK, I cross posted. 
I actually couldn't find the "ideas" section before when I originally posted... thanks for the link. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

No problem! I know it takes some getting used to.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Moderator Nars_Support

@David Carroll1 In addition, we offer both [Unlimited File Versions] and [Infinite Trash Retention] as part of our custom domain configuration. Please contact your Account Manager for more details. 

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos