Did you mean: 

Version History and Storage Size

Highlighted
IT Admin31
Resident

Version History and Storage Size

Jump to solution

Hello,

I had questions regarding Version History and storage usage.

Do Version History copies will count towards the total usage and do they would count towards the amount visible from the Folder Size report?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Version History and Storage Size

Jump to solution

Hi,

The answer to your question is yes. All file versions contribute towards the total usage on your file server. As for the folder size report, you can run this report with and without the file versions. 

Please refer to the screenshot below: -

Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be glad to assist. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

The answer to your question is yes. All file versions contribute towards the total usage on your file server. As for the folder size report, you can run this report with and without the file versions. 

Please refer to the screenshot below: -

Let me know if you have any more questions and I will be glad to assist. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have an add-on question: Are versions saved as complete files, or deltas (block-level differences)? 

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @David Carroll1,

File versions will be complete files. If you look at the different versions on the UI, you will see that they are complete files including the deltas as your start moving from oldest to newest version.

Thanks.

0 Kudos