cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

Lori Fisher
Resident

Re: View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

We too find this to be a diappointment. We are a property management company. This may be the one thing that will push us to a different soloutions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We really need an integrated photo gallery solution.

If Egnyte can not provide features like this then we are forced to look for other third party solutions to solve our needs. I was hoping that Egnyte could be more than just a file storage solution for us. 

While out I'm out surfing the internet for a photo gallery solution I might as well also look for a File Server solution like Egnyte that has features that I need.

Is that what Egnyte wants us to start doing?

Think I'll start researching what Amazon Web Services can offer 

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hello Marco,

You could try using the "Preview" feature within our web application. Click the action button next to the first image file in your folder; one of your options will be "Preview."

Once you have preview open, you'll be able to page through your pictures without having to open them first. We support all of the common image types.

Hope you find this useful,

Trey

0 Kudos

Thanks. 

I did do this and it works much like a windows file system.

However, Each of our images required us to scroll vertically to see the entire photo (perhaps because of image resolution?).

The option to see image Full Screen was the most helpful only it didn't have the option to select the Next photo in the folder. 

The ability to progress through each image while viewing full screen would suffice.

Add a little bit more code and we could have a slideshow. :)

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Thanks for the feedback Marco; I will add a feature request for a slideshow or dedicated gallery function. It is interesting to know that people are using our product in this manner. 

Thanks for your business and for taking the time to make a product request.

Trey

0 Kudos
Mark Beckwith
Resident

Is there any update on being able to view photos in a slide show?  As a business we need to click through hundreds on pictures at a time and the current process is brutally time consuming.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hey Mark,

I don't have any updates about a gallery feature, but you can click the "thumbnail view" icon in the web UI to see all of the photos in a folder in a thumbnail view that you can quickly review.

Thanks for your patience. I'll add your comment as a +1 for this feature.

Trey

Another idea would be to open the "Preview" option 

0 Kudos

Hi !

It would be great to have such features for the Ipad and be able to swipe to go to the other picture.

Right now, you have to switch with the file tree on the sidebar

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Benjamin,

I will bring this up with our mobile apps team. I can see how this would be useful.

Thanks for taking the time to make a product recommendation, and for using Egnyte.

• Trey
0 Kudos
Randy Lessor1
Resident

In the real world I don't see users using the web interface when they have Explorer and are comfortable with it. Having thumbnails in Explorer is critical as without the product is somewhat useless (definitely limited) versus local SAN storage. Can't be to difficult to make happen...

0 Kudos