cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Re: View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

Hey Randy,

Sorry for the delayed response on this one. We don't do anything to block these thumbnails; we think it's a client OS issue but we are going to keep digging. 

Thanks for your post,

Trey

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Following up on my last post, this article has some good troubleshooting tips for this particular issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/990142a1-ecee-466e-a9ec-d9ec5f151d76/image-...

0 Kudos

Trey,

My client asked me today why thumbnails don't work on Egnyte mapped drives (Windows XP, 7 and 8 clienst with lates map drive app).

I found this thread but don't see anybody stating thumbails get automatically generated in explorer's thumbnail view. If i click a photo with the preview sidebar enabled in explorer, the thumnail is generated in the preview and the next time I look at the folder the thumnails are generated/shown for the images that I had previewed before refreshing the folder.

Non of the suggestions in the Technet post above help.

Does this actually work?

Also, images on a network drive at the other end of a VPN DO show thumbnails on the same machines... 

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Luke,

I can get a service ticket started for you. Can you provide me with the domain name of the client that is experiencing the issue?

thoward@egnyte.com

Thanks,

Trey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee

To those of you still following this forum, we are pleased to announce that the new Gallery view is coming to the Web UI this weekend!

To access the gallery view, click this button in the Web UI.

0 Kudos