cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

Owen Jones
Resident

View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

I use Egnyte for property management. I upload pictures for my owners to view. Is there any way for them to view them as a slideshow or gallery?

I know they can select thumbnail view, but I am looking for something larger.

Any ideas?

24 Replies
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Re: View folder of images as a slideshow or gallery?

Owen,

Thank you for the suggestion. At the moment we are not planning on adding this capability to Egnyte.

Best,

Emily

0 Kudos

I use egnyte to share high resolution pictures of our products with several international customers. It would be nice to be able to show the pictures in a better way. For example the thumbnails in a grid so I see for example 8x8 thumbnails on one page.

Right now I upload a lot of photo's to smugmug aswell as to Egnyte, that is not what I want ;-)

0 Kudos
Harm Bhamra
Resident

How about simply adding the functionality to be able to save images from egnyte to the local photo gallery?  DropBox has similar functionality, does not do slideshow, but allows you to save the image into a photo library and let the iPad app do its job from there.   Egnyte does'nt have to develop a slideshop app from scratch.

0 Kudos

OHHHH how I would be so blessed having photos easily viewed online Egnyte, or as  above mentioned. I really do not know how a realtor could survive using Egnyte without this feature.

Please consider it, Egnyte.

I nearly dropped your services for this very reason.

0 Kudos
Mike Mostrom
Resident

We could use this to view images and share with customers. Without out this, we cannot use Egnyte.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Thanks for the feedback. We will very soon be adding a thumbnail view to the New Look that will display a list image previews similar to when you view large icons in Windows.  This will give you the ability to navigate quickly through multiple image files.

0 Kudos

How soon? I agree it is a necessity for any sort of digital assets but especially those related to marketing, creative, photography, etc. Which I imagine a good amount people are using Egnite for. This is going to make or break whether or not I purchase a membership after my 15 days are up. The eyeball preview thing just isn't cutting it.

0 Kudos
Doug Perry
Resident

Enhance thumbnail support is critical.  Gallery support would be fantastic.  The abiilty to reference an image directly in a website, social service, etc would be great as well.  Our marketing folks even find the new UI, while cleaner, results in lots of downloads instead of the ability to simply look at a grid of thumbnails...could use some tweaking!

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

To read more on the thumbnail view, please refer to the recent comments in this article: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/21049348-the-new-look-at-a-new-level

We have no plans for a gallery, although the thumbnail provides a quick ability to browse multiple pics.

Chris

0 Kudos