Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Interface vs Egnyte Drive

Highlighted
Resident

Web Interface vs Egnyte Drive

Jump to solution

Within a program I opened a file natively from the Egnyte drive, modified it, and saved it. When I look at the last modified date using Windows Explorer within the Egnyte drive it shows the correct last modified date. However in the web inteface the file is still the older version and shows the original creation date. My Egnyte sync drive is also showing that the sync is completed but within sync the file is the older version as well. Is there something I'm not understanding? I thought that all three locations should be synced up?  

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Web Interface vs Egnyte Drive

Jump to solution

Hi Jonathan,

If the file shows the right date and time stamp in the Windows Explorer, but not in the web interface, it means the updates you made have not yet reached the web interface. The Desktop Sync application is also looking at the cloud for the recent updates. This explains why the file residing locally on your machine has not shown the latest modified time yet. 

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue on my Window 10 machine running the latest versions of the Egnyte Drive and Egnyte Desktop Sync. I opened a file within excel, edited & saved the file. Closed it. The changes went up to the cloud and in turn synced down to my Desktop Sync folder. 

If you are experiencing issues with the file uploads via the Egnyte Drive, I would recommend you to get in touch with our support team and have a technician take a look at this. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Web Interface vs Egnyte Drive

Jump to solution

Hi Jonathan,

If the file shows the right date and time stamp in the Windows Explorer, but not in the web interface, it means the updates you made have not yet reached the web interface. The Desktop Sync application is also looking at the cloud for the recent updates. This explains why the file residing locally on your machine has not shown the latest modified time yet. 

Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue on my Window 10 machine running the latest versions of the Egnyte Drive and Egnyte Desktop Sync. I opened a file within excel, edited & saved the file. Closed it. The changes went up to the cloud and in turn synced down to my Desktop Sync folder. 

If you are experiencing issues with the file uploads via the Egnyte Drive, I would recommend you to get in touch with our support team and have a technician take a look at this. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos