Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the TE folder

Highlighted
andrew turner
Resident

What is the TE folder

Good morning Egnyte community. I am not sure if I am in the right place so please forgive me if it is not. I have integrated egnyte into my salesforce sandbox and I noted a folder under an account called TE folder. What is that folder and why does it auto create it? 

Thanks for the help. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Re: What is the TE folder

Hi @andrew turner, we've looked into this and aren't familiar with the TE folder. Is there any possible way someone created it during implementation in the sandbox to where it could have populated once it was enabled? 

If you haven't already, it might be helpful to run through the steps in this article. With special focus on this section:Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 10.38.57 AM.png

I realize this might not be the case, but we haven't found any other answer for why there might be a TE folder so thought we'd at least mention this just in case.

Let us know what you find out; in the meantime, I'll see if we kind find anything further on our end.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Re: What is the TE folder

Hi @andrew turner,

My team helped uncover some additional info that might be the cause of what you're seeing. 

Salesforce does folder hashing to improve performance so when using the integration with Salesforce, the folder takes the first two letters of the accounts and accounts with the same first two letters will be under that folder. So for example, acme.egnyte.com and account.egnyte.com would automatically be put under an account folder "AC." The 2 letter hash is created for performance purposes since Egnyte has a 50,000 subfolder limitation.

Let us know if that is consistent with what you're seeing. 

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos