cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to get tech support?

Highlighted
Deputy

What's the best way to get tech support?

Just throwing it out there - many times, management has no idea that their customers are getting a hard time receiving help. I opened a ticket online yesterday, because any time I have called Egnyte at the 877 number and hit 4 for tech support, the phone rings, plays serene music, rings, music...you get the idea. I got someone to answer after half an hour yesterday afternoon and was told that I'd have to be called back within two hours. I got a call back after hours when I couldn't work on the issue - about 3 1/2 hours after my original call. So we set up a 3 pm central time call back...no one called me back. I'm a reasonable guy and not trying to use forums as a complaint device, but this is getting ridiculous. I have received some good tech support there at times. But something has changed for the worse.

Eric

9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What's the best way to get tech support?

Hi Eric, 

I spoke to the agent that has corresponded with you and he unfortunately got tied up thus missing the scheduled call back. There is no excuse for the lack of notification and will address that with the agent. I understand that he's on the phone with you now. We are also going through a phone system change that will address the delay in getting answers in our call queue. Expect that to happen to happen within 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, please do submit a new request if you have not been helped and that will alert all our agents. We do apologize for the back and forth and thank you for your patience. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Resident

Hey, I am not a business.  My personal computer is dead slow. Your instructions said hit RUN but never gave that option, but instead offered more signup options for more things, and customers????? and not how to clean up MY COMPUTER!!!!!!! --(that's shouting). Is this some kind of busness cult???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Resident

We received a initial ticket ID in April for a backup error.  No one from Egnyte has responded to our critical issue ever since.  We have left repeated messages on the voice mail of Don David (above) and still no response.  Perhaps Matt Murphy at Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield, Byers can find us a live body at Egnyte?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Ashan - Sorry about this,  will look up your ticket and will have support contact you today about this problem. thx;

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Resident

I can't even find the tech. support phone number - very irritating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Support: 650-265-4058

Sorry for the confusion!

Trey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Resident

Looks like its still happening.

I've got OLC confused with the mapping of users so that people are seeing other peoples data internally but fine on the website.

I reported it, and missed the phone call several hours later.  They sent an email stating they missed me and to suggest a better time; I suggested an hour and 15 minutes later and over 12 hours later have no received a phone call or confirmation.

Yet, I have another day coming up where the CEO is being mapped as an entry sales rep and has to use the web interface to access data and worse a non-executive has the access of the CEO.  Crazy this could even happen, but that support could have no urgency on it is just plain scary. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi, 

We're sorry you're having this problem. Our director of support is tracking down how we missed your calls, and is personally working to address your issue.

Thanks again for your patience and for choosing Egnyte.

Trey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi IT Admin, 

One of our Level II engineers reached out to you today and it seems that the user mapping was not up to date. There are a few errors on the application including out of local disk space which may have caused the user mapping updates to fail. We performed some workarounds but will update your case with more findings. 

0 Kudos