cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there no answers to any common questions in this message board?

Highlighted
Resident

Why are there no answers to any common questions in this message board?

Every answer is: I've posted a ticket for you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Why are there no answers to any common questions in this message board?

Hi Todd,

Most of the questions in this board (Community Q&A) aren't actually general product questions (e.g. how do I share a link). Instead, the questions here tend to be about specific issues our customers are seeing. In cases like these, it's best that our support team help out, as they're able to work closely with individual customers on their issues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Shyam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Resident

Shyam, I agree with Todd's point. I often hesitate to post a question here because I know I'm going to be told "submit a ticket". But the reason I posted in the first place was usually because in that instance I didn't want to create a ticket. For instance I just posted in the other thread about sync preview running for 4 days. You said "thanks for bringing this to our attention" and the suggest I submit a ticket.

Well it sounds to me like "thanks for bringing this to our attention" means your acknowledging what I posted and that it's got a flaw. If you'd just say that I'd move on and assume you'll fix it. Why would I want to submit a ticket? That actually increases my frustration as a customer. Just acknowledge it's an issue and that you'll address it in a future build.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

David,

I understand that you're frustrated, but we're not trying to beat around the bush. I asked you to contact support because it sounded like you were seeing some strange syncing behavior. In situations like this, there may be a flaw or there might not—but we can't find out without getting more information. We appreciate your patience and your assistance in improving Egnyte for everyone.

Thanks,
Shyam

0 Kudos