cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color tags

fatolepig
Deputy

color tags

When we color-code/tag a file or folder on our Macs using Finder, the color code is not kept.  Why is that and is there a workaround?  Our admins color-code all our clients' files to easily distinguish between type of client based on the color code.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Color tags

Hello @fatolepig,

Thank you for writing to the community. It was good to learn in advance your use case with the color coding.

Are you using the Egnyte Connect app v3.0.0 on your MAC ? Additionally, can you pass me the steps on how to reproduce the issue. I was able to color code a file, but I am not sure after what steps does the color coding turns itself off.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
fatolepig
Deputy

Yes, we are using the latest Connect app on Mac.  There is really only three steps:  in Mac Finder go to the Egnyte drive, right click on a file, and select a color tag.  The color tag is not present after selecting it, and when checking on the file's info (command-i on Mac keyboard), the tag is not there either.

You can also try the same thing by going to Egnyte folder/file, hitting command-i to get the Info screen on that file/folder, and select the color tag there.  If you close the info window and reopen, it is not there, and it it is not there in Finder either.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello @fatolepig,

I did some testing on my end following the steps you provided. I was able to tag the file with a color, but yes, when I do command + i, in the info dialog box I was unable to see the color tagging anywhere. However, I am seeing different results than what you mentioned in your post. 

I will send this over to our Product Team and get their feedback before I write back to you. 

Thank you for patience and co-operation.

Regards.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos