Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

folder permissions report

Enrico Meier
Resident

folder permissions report

Jump to solution

Could you please add a folder permissions report in the Admin Web UI?

I'd like to export to a csv file what permissions have been set in a folder including sub folders (sub folder permissions should only be listed if it is different from parent folder). 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: folder permissions report

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

Thank you for expressing your interest in this feature. Unfortunately, there has not been any ETA as to when such a report will be introduced.

I will send a note to the product team about this. I hope this happens soon coz other admins like you have been waiting for this for quite some time now.

Regards
Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hey Enrico,

Do you know about the Permisssions audit report? This is a report that's a part of the "Advanced Audits" feature, which is available to customers on the Business and Enterprise plans. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/22199353-Running-a-Permissions-Audit-Report

Shoot me a note if you're interested in this (thoward@egnyte.com).

Trey

0 Kudos
Enrico Meier
Resident

Jump to solution

I know about this report but that doesn't give me what I want (see above). 

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Enrico,

Could you look at the "User Permissions Report"? This will give you a snapshot of who has access to different folders. The Permissions Audit Report gives you a history of how those permissions have changed over time.

Let me know if there's something missing from those reports that you are interested in.

Trey

0 Kudos
Enrico Meier
Resident

Jump to solution

Hi Trey,

as mentioned I like to have a report that shows currently set permissions the cloud for all or selected folders, groups and users. I don't want groups resolved into the users that are member of this group. None of the reports provide that.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Actually, the User Permissions report does allow you to pick Groups and see the folders that group has permissions for. Folder permissions for individual users in that group will not appear.

Imagine a situation where John and Luke are members of the "Finance Team" group, and the Finance Team has access to the "Receipts" and "Invoices" folders. As an individual user, John also has access to the "Marketing" folder. If you run the User Permissions Report for the "Finance Team", you will see Receipts and Invoices listed, but not the Marketing folder.

0 Kudos
Enrico Meier
Resident

Jump to solution

Sorry but that is not what I meant. I want to have a list/spread sheet of permissions currently assign to a folder and sub-folders if there are different permissions on sub-folders. Imaging there are tens of thousands of folders on the server and you want to know/review the current permissions configured on all folders. With the current reports that is not possible to achieve without days of work. 

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

OK now I understand. You basically want a reverse of the User Permissions Report. Thanks for your patience explaining that one to me. 

I will follow up with the product manager for these reports.

Thanks,

Trey

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Robert Ellis
Resident

Jump to solution

Is there any update on this?  I am interested to learn if this is possible yet.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

What Enrico described above is still not possible yet. However, we are currently in the process of rethinking our reports section.

I'll add you as a +1 for this feature and will share the feedback with the product manager responsible for our reports.

Thanks for your patience and continued support of Egnyte!

• Shyam
0 Kudos