cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPads, Workflow, Standard Users

iPads, Workflow, Standard Users

Hello,

I am doing a trial for a school.  We are deploying a "one-to-one" iPad program for our students in the new academic year for all of our students.  We are looking for the right solution for our middle school students to store their files and collaborate.  The Egnyte webdav functionality is even more compelling than the iPad app (see https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/195177-iphone-and-ipad-apps-that-can-be-used-with-egnyte)..

Am I correct in thinking that this method of connecting doesn't work for standard users?

Christopher

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Re: iPads, Workflow, Standard Users

Hi Christopher,

That sounds like an interesting project! In the future, I would value an opportunity to learn more about the trial's success if you choose to go with Egnyte. As for your question, you are correct that standard users cannot access Egnyte using a mapped drive. Standard users have web only access. However, if you do choose to use iPads, standard users can access all features of the Egnyte iPad application.

Thank you and please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Best,

Emily

0 Kudos

Emily,

Can we talk today or tomorrow?  Please e-mail me off list.  I think Egnyte is the correct solution for our extensive one-to-one project but I could use some information / support. :)

Christopher

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Hi Christopher,

I spoke with a member of my team, Filip, and he said he reached out to you to discuss the possibilities of working with Egnyte on this. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I look forward to working with you!

Best,

Emily

0 Kudos