cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webedit

Gary Mocnik
Resident

I am stuck in an endless loop

I have installed the webedit app but when I try to "edit" a document it come up with the "download" webedit app

I have tried downloading the app multiple times...

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: webedit

Jump to solution

Hi we solved this problem allowing *.egnyte.com communication on the firewall after we noted that everything worked fine with the firewall disabled ...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Gary,

It is best that our support team takes a look at this issue. Please file a support ticket at support@egnyte.com and some on from our team will be able to assist you. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Greg Knight1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar,

I can confirm this is still an issue!  Have just tried on two different Windows PC's with two different user credentials, one being an Administrator.

Is there any update on this issue?

Greg

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Greg,

Add the following entry to the local hosts file and then reinstall the web edit afresh. Let us know if the issue still persists. 

127.0.0.1 webedit.egnyte.com

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi we solved this problem allowing *.egnyte.com communication on the firewall after we noted that everything worked fine with the firewall disabled ...

0 Kudos
Westwood Benson
Vigilante

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue.  Going around in a loop, installing Webedit, then trying to edit a document only to be told I need to install Webedit.  Please help me.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Westwood,

It seems you have a duplicate post. We have replied to the other post you posted in the community.

Thanks

0 Kudos