cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best way to sync over 1 TB of data from my Windows Server 2008

Highlighted

what is the best way to sync over 1 TB of data from my Windows Server 2008

Jump to solution

I am setting up a new Egnyte environment for my client. We will have a windows file server in the main office, a Netgear ReadyNAs in our remote office for local access.

I'm struggling with the upload of the data from the file server to the Egnyte cloud. when i run the Cloud Migration Manager it's looking for a CIF share.

When i try the StorageSync Appliance on a VMware host i can get access to the server using a web browser on port 8806 - the browser can't connect even though i can ping the server.

Any help would be great.

I have AD integration working.

Thanks Claude

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: what is the best way to sync over 1 TB of data from my Windows Server 2008

Jump to solution

Hi Claude,

You can use Data Migration service which includes you shipping a drive to us and we seed in the data for you.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637424-Data-Migration-Services

The second best method is something that you have already adopted. That is to use the Storage Sync. The issue you are facing can be due to multiple reasons. You did the right thing by filing a support case(#665883). That is the best route in such cases coz the support team would need to check the setup and find how to fix it. 

I hope your issue is resolved by our support team. If you have any questions, please feel free to write to us. 

Thanks

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Claude,

You can use Data Migration service which includes you shipping a drive to us and we seed in the data for you.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637424-Data-Migration-Services

The second best method is something that you have already adopted. That is to use the Storage Sync. The issue you are facing can be due to multiple reasons. You did the right thing by filing a support case(#665883). That is the best route in such cases coz the support team would need to check the setup and find how to fix it. 

I hope your issue is resolved by our support team. If you have any questions, please feel free to write to us. 

Thanks

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

FTP will work. FileZilla can display your NAS on the local site and Egnyte on the remote site. You can run up to 6 threads in each FTP session and connect as many sessions as you need. I moved over 3TB of data over a weekend doing that. I had 10 FileZilla sessions open, each with 6 threads at a time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Dennis Lawrence1,

FTP should work as far as anyone is fine investing time to monitor the transfers. They might fail sometimes. I am glad if you did not experience any blips in your network connection.

Ofcourse, FTP is looked upon by a lot of IT admins, however, for any data over 500 GB, we usually suggest the Data Migration Services. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos