cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEIC images not working on Web UI

Highlighted

HEIC images not working on Web UI

Jump to solution

Mobile: iOS 7.1.8 (10/21/2017) Updates Include: New iOS 11 image file type support for .heic HOWEVER, whenever a user uploads in this format, I get "This File Type Cannot Be Previewed". This defeats the purpose of the web image view, for my team.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

Re: HEIC images not working on Web UI

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the HEIC/HEIF file format is fairly patent encumbered, so tooling support for this format is limited and has prevented us from adding support for this in the Web UI preview.  We're watching this area carefully and will add support as soon as we have supporting libraries that can convert the format.

How are your users uploading these files - is it via the Egnyte mobile app? Since iOS 11 was released we've been converting HEIC files to jpeg when they are uploaded.  We recently found that a change in iOS 12 broke this for portrait mode photos, so we're planning a fix for that in December.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the HEIC/HEIF file format is fairly patent encumbered, so tooling support for this format is limited and has prevented us from adding support for this in the Web UI preview.  We're watching this area carefully and will add support as soon as we have supporting libraries that can convert the format.

How are your users uploading these files - is it via the Egnyte mobile app? Since iOS 11 was released we've been converting HEIC files to jpeg when they are uploaded.  We recently found that a change in iOS 12 broke this for portrait mode photos, so we're planning a fix for that in December.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution
Great! It is through mobile and it is ios 12. I also found a site that showed how to force the phones to use jpg in settings and I found a free converter, also.
0 Kudos