cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get accesstoken to call Egnyte User management APIS ?

Hi ,

We have API Key and Secret those we got when we register application in Egnyte

Regards,
Kamalakar K
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: How to get accesstoken to call Egnyte User management APIS ?

@Kamalakar Kamsa,

You can refer to our API docs at https://developers.egnyte.com/docs. You should be able to find answers to most of your questions in this documentation. 

Should you have more questions, you can reply to this post or file a support case at support@egnyte.com. You will get some one to assist for sure. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Jerome
Vigilante

Your DOCS suck badly because they are confusing. 

You need a section for people that are clients of Egnyte and want to access their own space.
And you need a section for developers that are not Egnyte clients. 

It is common sense. I am a client and have had a bad experience understanding your confusing docs and process. 

Get better!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Thanks for the feedback, @Jerome.

Were you looking at the docs to get the access token and were unable to? Or was there a different issue we can try to help you with other than your general feedback?

Thanks,

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Jerome
Vigilante

Your docs include mostly descriptions for professional developers. You do not care or are not good at  elaborating for your clients... for example: you do not include API query examples enough. Most other companies even include Postman screenshots. You basically do not help to understand your API access to a client, you just provide professional lingo for professional developers. That just sucks when you are a client and begin to use Egnyte API to intergrate you existing infrastructure. 

On top of that, your API support is slow and unclear. My experience was not a good one and I feel that it is not a one off. I enjoy Egnyte as a business manager that brough Egnyte into our firm... but if you suck at API, we cannot keep you for long. Get your documentation in order. And for god's sake, make getting API keys an automatic process in the online profile!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Thanks @Jerome for the elaboration. I can understand your frustrations with this. I've passed this feedback along to the team that manages the documentation so hopefully we can continue to improve these. 

Thanks

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos