cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Upload Widget: does it (still) exist?

Photo Upload Widget: does it (still) exist?

Jump to solution

I read about something called 'Photo Upload Widget' (@ https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018467752-Photo-Upload-Widget-for-Android), and got all excited, but I can't seem to dind any such thing in the Androiud app store on my mobile.

I basically want to automatically upload all photos I take on my phone to my Egnyte folder.

Michael

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee Bartosz Witoń
Employee

Re: Photo Upload Widget: does it (still) exist?

Jump to solution

@michaelbeijer thanks for your comment. We are verifying this issue. Can check the following things for us:

1. In the widget sections (where you select the widget), are there any widget sizes with 5xY?
The Egnyte widget is 5x1.  

2. Is the Egnyte App Installed on the Phone's internal storage or on an SD card? If on SD card please move it to the internal storage.

3. Sometimes there are problems with the Home screen themselves. You will need to go to your app manager to find the app which runs the home screen and clear its data. 

Thanks

Bartek

9 Replies

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @michaelbeijer,

Thank you for reaching out. 

This widget is something you won't find in the app store. In the app store you should be looking only for the Egnyte app for Android. Once the application is installed, you can start following the steps from step no 2. I have tested this on my Android phone and it works exactly like mentioned in the article. 

Feel free to write back if you still face challenges while getting this to work. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Aha, OK, so I followed the instructions to the letter, and can confirm that there is no such Widget on my mobile. I have an Mi A2 Lite, running Android version 9 Pie (security patch level 5 March 2019).

Is there anything I can do about this?

Michael

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@michaelbeijer,

I believe you have the Egnyte app on your mobile already. Did you scroll the entire list of widgets available ? It should look something like the screenshot shown below. This screenshot is from Mi Poco F1 phone running Android Pie. 

Screenshot_2019-04-26-17-58-05-875_com.mi.android.globallauncher.png

Also did you get a chance to just test this on another Android if available ? If not, let me know so that I can check with our Mobile team and write back. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Indeed, I have the (latest version of the) Egnyte app on my mobile.

I scrolled carefully through the entire list of widgets availabl, and it is definitely not there.

Sadly I don't have access to another Android to test it.

Michael

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Nevermind @michaelbeijer. I will write to our Mobile team to see if I am missing anything from my end. We will update the post once we have more information on this. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll watch this space!

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee Bartosz Witoń
Employee

Jump to solution

@michaelbeijer thanks for your comment. We are verifying this issue. Can check the following things for us:

1. In the widget sections (where you select the widget), are there any widget sizes with 5xY?
The Egnyte widget is 5x1.  

2. Is the Egnyte App Installed on the Phone's internal storage or on an SD card? If on SD card please move it to the internal storage.

3. Sometimes there are problems with the Home screen themselves. You will need to go to your app manager to find the app which runs the home screen and clear its data. 

Thanks

Bartek

Jump to solution

Great, thanks, number two solved it!

It works perfectly now.

Michael

0 Kudos