cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Metadata API success stories

CenturyGroup
Steward

Seeking Metadata API success stories

I have searched the Community Forum for information on using search terms "metadata" or "tagging" to seek answers on how to improve search results. I have also had a call with Egnyte on this topic. All the replies seem to direct people to the custom Metadata API.

This leads me to ask the community: Who has successfully implemented the custom Metadata API? Can you please share your use case(s) and experience? What improvements has implementation had on user search experience? How long did it take? What resources did it require?

I am asked questions several times a week by Egnyte users in my company that could be solved by being able to tag, star or bookmark individual files or by assigning and searching by additional metadata fields. If you have used the custom Metadata API solution, please share your experiences so far.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Seeking Metadata API success stories

Hello @CenturyGroup,

Thank you for writing to the forum. This is definitely a broader stage to gather information from users who have tried our APIs. 

In the meanwhile, you can have your developer go through the following link: -

https://developers.egnyte.com/docs/read/Metadata_API 

All API related documentation can be found on https://developers.egnyte.com. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
etsinovoi
Vigilante

The functionality is fantastic but we cant use it in production without the following additions:

• Assign a Metadata namespace to only a specific folder instead of globally
  • Add a key data type for boolean
  • Add a key data type for multi-select enums

Any idea when those will be added?

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @etsinovoi

I assume that the options listed on developers site did not suffice your needs. 

You might want to submit this idea to our Ideas board so it gets in front of our Product team. They will assess the use case and see if it's a need for other customers and decide if it's something that will be on the roadmap.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jr3
Deputy

Lacking our own internal technical capability to work with the Metadata API, Vitaly was quite helpful in assisting us to establish a working structure that has proved useful as an interim solution.  Looking forward to the introduction of some level of this functionality in the web API, perhaps this month.

0 Kudos