cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zip files downloaded from server, getting corrupted.

hoshiyar
Vigilante

zip files downloaded from server, getting corrupted.

I am having issues while downloading zip files from the server.

Every time I download a zip file, metadata is appropriate but I am unable to extract the file.

This is the same in both the cases, normal download & chunk download.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: zip files downloaded from server, getting corrupted.

Hello @hoshiyar,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.

While we wait for any help from the community, I would also suggest you to write to our support team about this issue. We have not seen any other user report this issue today and neither has there been any outage. I assume downloading single files is not a problem and other functionality with your Egnyte user account is working as expected.

Once you file the support case, our support team will connect with you and remote into your machine to take a look at the issue. You can write to them at support@egnyte.com.

Thanks. 

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
hoshiyar
Vigilante

Hi Sagar,

I have been rigorously working on its solution, and on the basis of my findings, I am able to conclude that this is happening in some specific zip files.

Say, if a zip has one or more zip files inside then downloading such a file from server results in file corruption.

You can even check it by yourself.

Hope to get a solution.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Thanks @hoshiyar

I most certainly will try this on my domain. At the same time I would encourage you to file a support ticket and explain the issue to our support team. This way we can engage our engineering team too if required and the progress on the issue can be tracked via the ticket. 

I will post an update here once I am able to re-produce the issue in house. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @hoshiyar,

Sorry for the delay. I was making sure I try multiple scenarios before I write back. 

I have tested downloading zip files which contain some more zip files in it, and the downloads worked fine. I tested zip files which from a few KB's to about a GB in size.SadlyI have not been able to re-produce the issue you reported, unless I have missed anything. 

I suggest you contact our support team at support@egnyte.com with all the details about this issue. Our support team will be glad to assist  you with this. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos