Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Egnyte Q&A - Spring 2019

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
0 18 2,700

SOE Spring 2019 Q&A.png

Read the questions and answers from the State of Egnyte Q2 2019 webinar here. Have questions of your own? Post them here and our product team will respond.

The on-demand, recorded version can be found here.

18 Comments
Andrew Baker
Deputy
Didn't get to watch it live. Looking forward to catching up. :)
Community Manager Jake Herres1
Community Manager

Hello everyone!

If you joined the live webinar and did not leave having your question answered, I will be posting your question in this thread so our Product team can follow up. Please check back soon for responses.

- Jake

Community Manager

Question: 

Refreshed web interface - also available for Desktop connect? like Bookmarks, favourites, etc?
Community Manager

Question: 

Does linked files functionality only work with storage sync or pure cloud?
Community Manager

Question: 

for any updates on Desktop, also true for Egnyte Storage Connect?
Community Manager

Question: 

question about syncing library folders - is this feature working for Mac computers as well?
Community Manager

Question: 

Where can I find technical details of the linked file improvements mentioned today?
Community Manager

Question: 

Will we be able to disconnect the activity column for all of our users?
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

Answers to all of the questions to date:

Refreshed web interface - also available for Desktop connect? like Bookmarks, favourites, etc?
The Desktop App is bringing in more collaborative features such as search, recents, etc. We plan to add more and more of this functionality in the future. If there are specific features you want, I suggest you add a post in the "Ideas" section on this community.

Does linked files functionality only work with storage sync or pure cloud?
The changes for linked files were only related to performance, largely related to file locking, not a new capability. Since these changes were for locking with the Desktop App, they only affect the Desktop App and Turbo.

for any updates on Desktop, also true for Egnyte Storage Connect?
I'm assuming that you are actually referring to Storage Sync, and not Storage Connect (which is no longer supported). If so, see the answer above.

question about syncing library folders - is this feature working for Mac computers as well?
The Mac version of this is not yet released - look for it in May or June in the 3.3 release.

Where can I find technical details of the linked file improvements mentioned today?
As explained above, the changes were performance improvements when opening files with many linked items. There isn't any new functionality related to linked files.

Will we be able to disconnect the activity column for all of our users?
We are considering an option for this, but don't have a definitive answer at this point.

Peter_the_Gr8
Steward
I COULD NOT WATCH IT LIVE BUT AM LOOKING FOR THE VIDEO RECORDING. WHEN WILL IT BE AVAILABLE? SORRY FOR THE SHOUTING.
Community Manager

@Peter_the_Gr8 , here is a link to the recording:

State of Egnyte (On Demand)

Youssef
Steward

on the mobile app they said that i could take photos and videos and only will be uploaded once wifi is avaiable but i could not find this option so how i can do that ?

Retired Employee

Hi @Youssef, thanks for the question. Please read this post for reference re: Android. There is a setting in the widget that defaults to wifi only to save data charges, but you can change this setting to allow cellular. See the "Change Internet Connections Allowed" section in the post to see the steps. 

Youssef
Steward

Thanks @JulieMullins  for your support but i was checking this option on IOS devices.

Retired Employee

Hi @Youssef, I checked with our mobile product manager and he said it's a bit complex so I'm getting the steps on doing this for you. Sorry for the delay but I haven't forgotten about your question.

Employee Bartosz Witoń
Employee

Hi @Youssef 

Sorry for the late answer. To set up the Egnyte iOS App for WiFi only you need to do the following steps:

1. Go to the Settings on your device (not the app settings)

2. Select Mobile Data

3. Wait till mobile data for the apps will load (depends on the number of apps you have installed on your device)

4. Find Egnyte and turn the Mobile Data Off

Youssef
Steward

Thanks so normal IOS settings not from the APP.

Employee Bartosz Witoń
Employee

Currently yes. But we are thinking of a way to make it more responsive and user-friendly.