Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Egnyte - Summer 2018 Q&A

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
0 10 1,651

State_of_Q3_QA.jpg

Have questions from the State of Egnyte Summer 2018 webinar you didn't get to ask live? Post them here and our product team will respond.

10 Comments
Jake Herres1
Employee

Will you send email updates once these integrations go live?

Jake Herres1
Employee

For the Apps and Integrations, will standard users have access to all apps and integrations (such as Egnyte Connect, which has been for power users only)?

Patrick OLeary1
Vigilante

I never received the link for the webinar, though I signed up.  Was it recorded somewhere that I can watch?

Community Manager

Hi @Patrick OLeary1, so sorry you didn't get the link for the webinar! I wonder if it was a spam filter issue given the fact that you said you signed up. We will be sending the recording tomorrow and I will also post it here. Thanks for reaching out and if you have any questions after you watch it, definitely post it here and we'll get you a response. Thanks!

Community Manager

For anyone who missed the webinar, you can find the on-demand version here: https://egnyte-university.egnyte.com/state-of-egnyte-summer-2018-on-demand

@Patrick OLeary1

Priya Modi
Vigilante

Currently we use egnyte in our organization but also use google docs as a tool to edit documents simultaneously from different locations without good formatting. Will egnyte have a similar product soon?

Priya Modi
Vigilante

Currently, I believe that the report on sub-folders is only creating a report on the second level of subfolders. Is it possible to create a report on permissioning that includes all levels of subfolders under that main folder?

Priya Modi
Vigilante

I'd like to ask about a service account for Egnyte which could be used with APIs for any 3rd partty/ inhouse developed apps. At the moment our developer has to use his own Egnyte account.

Priya Modi
Vigilante

When will we be able to centrally manage drives for the desktop app?

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

Here are answers to the questions we've gotten so far:

Will you send email updates once these integrations go live?

We include new integrations in our Monthly Usage email that we send to administrators.  You can also always see new integrations by opening the Apps & Integrations screen and clicking the "New" filter in the left pane.

For the Apps and Integrations, will standard users have access to all apps and integrations (such as Egnyte Connect, which has been for power users only)?

Most 3rd party integrations are available to all user types, but the Egnyte Desktop and Hybrid Storage apps are limited to Power and Admin users and we have no current plans to change that.

Currently we use egnyte in our organization but also use google docs as a tool to edit documents simultaneously from different locations without good formatting. Will egnyte have a similar product soon?

@Priya Modi we are close to rolling out a new Google Docs integration that will allow your users to add Google Docs/Sheets/Slides to your Egnyte folders and control access with Egnyte permissions.  If you're interested in being part of the beta program you can contact the Egnyte support team.

Currently, I believe that the report on sub-folders is only creating a report on the second level of subfolders. Is it possible to create a report on permissioning that includes all levels of subfolders under that main folder?

@Priya Modi the folder permissions report includes the permissions for the selected folder and everything beneath it.  You can even run it on the root "Shared" folder to export out all the permissions for the entire Egnyte domain.

I'd like to ask about a service account for Egnyte which could be used with APIs for any 3rd partty/ inhouse developed apps. At the moment our developer has to use his own Egnyte account.

@Priya Modi we do have a concept of a "service account" that is currently in limited release and is meant for use in API-based application and shared storage devices.  You can contact Egnyte Support and they can enable it for you.

When will we be able to centrally manage drives for the desktop app?

@Priya Modi can you give more details on what you're looking for? I'm not sure I understand the question.