Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Failed

jsuarez
Deputy

Authentication Failed

Jump to solution

Hi, am testing engyte Desktop App Connect for Wide deployment.   I created a test account and varified that I am able to log into my domain.egnyte.com with that account.

The issue I am having is the following: After I install the application and run it I put in my details

Username: janedoe

Pasword: 123

Domain: domain.egnyte.com

Error: Authentication Failed 

I tested this out on a work PC, I then tested this out on my home PC (just to make sure it wasn't a firewall issue) but no luck.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Sagar

Re: Authentication Failed

Jump to solution

Hello @jsuarez,

Thank you for writing to the community. 

Based on the description I can think of 2 primary things that might cause this. 

1. Is the user authenticating the Desktop App a power user ? The Desktop App can be used only by the admins or power users.

2. Is Desktop App usage enabled ? You can look up this settings at Settings => Configuration => User Types & Roles  => Can use the Desktop App.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Sagar

Jump to solution

Hello @jsuarez,

Thank you for writing to the community. 

Based on the description I can think of 2 primary things that might cause this. 

1. Is the user authenticating the Desktop App a power user ? The Desktop App can be used only by the admins or power users.

2. Is Desktop App usage enabled ? You can look up this settings at Settings => Configuration => User Types & Roles  => Can use the Desktop App.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
jsuarez
Deputy

Jump to solution

@Sagar I didn't know you had to set the user as Power User.  After I did this it worked.  Thank you.

0 Kudos