cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an administrator manage links created by power users?

Highlighted
WH
Vigilante

Can an administrator manage links created by power users?

Jump to solution

The power users for whom I am the administrator have created 300+ external links over the past two years. I (as administrator) would like to be able to manage these links - i.e., delete the ones that are no longer required, or extend the duration of ones that are still in use but about to expire. Is there a way for me to do this by myself, rather than ask the power users to do it?

I am assuming that deleting lines from the Link Summary under Reports only deletes the records in the report, not the actual links themselves. Is this correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Can an administrator manage links created by power users?

Jump to solution

@WH Administrators will be able to delete Share Links and Folder Links via the [Link Summary Report]. However, link management is limited to deletion only (no link modification/extension).

Moving forward with future Link Creation, we recommend setting a default link expiration to help with link management. Please refer to the following Help Desk article for more information: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637554-How-Do-I-Make-File-and-Folder-Links-More-Sec...

Regards,
Nars

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@WH Administrators will be able to delete Share Links and Folder Links via the [Link Summary Report]. However, link management is limited to deletion only (no link modification/extension).

Moving forward with future Link Creation, we recommend setting a default link expiration to help with link management. Please refer to the following Help Desk article for more information: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637554-How-Do-I-Make-File-and-Folder-Links-More-Sec...

Regards,
Nars

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
WH
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I suggest that it should be made explicit on the Links Summary Report page that deleting the records actually deletes the links. Since it purports to be a report, it could be misunderstood that one is only deleting records in the report...

0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Thanks @WH for the feedback! I've passed it along to the person who manages those articles.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos