Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte Turbo Sync Status notifications

Fredy Parker
Vigilante

Egnyte Turbo Sync Status notifications

Hi there,

Aplogies if this should be directed elsewhere, does anyone know if there any way to be notified when an egnyte turbo device hasn't synced its data in the last 24 hours?

For example, a user had reported that they couldn't see the latest version of a file they were working on from their office deskotp in Egnyte cloud. The office desktops sync with a local Egnyte turbo device. This device hadn't synced for the last 2 days which is why the latest version wasn't showing in the cloud. I had to reboot the egnyte turbo vm to force it to re-sync.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks,

Fredy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Moderator Nars_Support

Re: Egnyte Turbo Sync Status notifications

Hi @Fredy Parker 

Before anything else, we'd like to clarify that Desktop Sync is not compatible with Turbo, however, Desktop App is. Please confirm if the issue is with Desktop Sync or Desktop App.

Aside from this, Turbo has a built-in Offline Notification mechanism anytime the client becomes unreachable. Please refer to the following Helpdesk article for more information:

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017514932-Turbo-Offline-Troubleshooting

In addition, you may also need to enable the [Notify me about sync inactivity] option via https://<insert_egnyte_domain>.egnyte.com/app/index.do#settings/configuration/applications/

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos
Fredy Parker
Vigilante

Re: Egnyte Turbo Sync Status notifications

Thanks Nars,

That notification page was what i was looking for but it didn't seem to alert us that there had been no sync activity on the turbo vm but i will verify things further from our side.

We are using the desktop app for our users and it was syncing fine with the local turbo device however the turbo device had stopped syncing with the cloud until it was rebooted. It was showing as online and passed the network testing so not sure why it would just not sync it's data for 2 days.

Thanks for pointing me to the location of the alerts page.

Fredy

0 Kudos