cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders Created in desktop app not showing up for other users

markTNsurveyor
Vigilante

Folders Created in desktop app not showing up for other users

I've just created two folders in Windows Explorer (Windows 10 Professional) on my egnyte drive.  I can see them in Windows explorer, and in the web UI.  Another user in a different office needs to load data into these folders using Windows explorer, but he does not see these folders.  He can see them in the Web UI, but they are not syncing down to his desktop app.  

We are using Turbo sync in the other user's office, and there is no server syncing in my office.

Why is this happening?  How long will it take for desktop to show these folders for other users after I create them?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator Nars_Support

Re: Folders Created in desktop app not showing up for other users

Hi @markTNsurveyor -- it sounds like the newly created folders are not part of the [Sync Folder] configuration on the Turbo VM. Please see below for some steps to try:

Link to Product Guide: https://egnyte.egnyte.com/dl/k4NiuH5k48/

------

1. Verify Turbo [Sync Folder] configuration

* Refer to pages 14-16 in the product guide for more information

2. Temporarily remove [Group Access] for affected end users, and check again

* Refer to page 12 in the product guide

3. Ensure the latest version of Desktop App is installed

Windows: https://egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com/egnytedrive/win/en-us/3.4.1/EgnyteConnect_3.4.1_96.msi
macOS: https://egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com/egnytedrive/mac/en-us/3.3.2/EgnyteConnect_3.3.2_202181.pkg

------

If the issue persists, please open a support ticket by sending an e-mail to support@egnyte.com, so we may provide live troubleshooting assistance.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos
markTNsurveyor
Vigilante

I appreciate your reply.

I've checked the seetings you suggested and all seems fine.  I did need to upgrade to the lastest version of Egnyte Connect, but that does not appear to have fixed the issue.

I have done more testing and have discovered a few new bits of info...  We have 3 possible hosts to connect to, cloud, knoxville and chattanooga.  If I am connected to the same host as a user (he also updated to the latest version of Connect) in anohter office, I can add folders and files via our egnyte drive in Windows explorer and they show up instantly on the other user's computer.  If we are connected to different hosts, it takes up to 30 min to see the changes.  This also holds true for editing files (the new edits don't show up instantly).  

I can understand having a few seconds of delay, but I don't understand why it is taking so long for our files to update across our org.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Moderator Nars_Support

@markTNsurveyor Would you be able to provide some context on why there are multiple Turbo hosts available within your network? Are any of them being accessed through VPN? 

0 Kudos