cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access files offline

Kasey Christian
Vigilante

How to access files offline

Our organization has Egnyte Connect and Egnyte Desktop Sync. One of my co-workers is asking if there is a way for him to access files (presumably both private and shared files) when he is offline. I can access my private files even when offline, but I cannot access shared files when offline. Can someone help me understand -- is an administrative setting (note: I am not an admin) that is used to turn on/off offline access? If so, can it be applied to both private and shared folders and/or files? Is it the case that our admin could change his settings so that he can access his private folder when offline? And perhaps consider setting up certain shared folders to be accessible when offline? Lastly, would this setting (to make shared folders accessible when offline) apply for everyone in the organization, or would it be on an individual basis? I hope all that makes sense...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator Nars_Support

Re: How to access files offline

Hi @Kasey Christian 

There are two ways to achieve this with our desktop-based applications:

1. Desktop Sync

2. Desktop App

Regards,
Nars

Kasey Christian
Vigilante

With the Desktop App, is it correct that folders cannot be set up for offline access on an individual basis? In other words, it appears that the choice is either all top-level folders are accessible offline or no top-level folders are accessible offline. Similarly, is it correct that a individual use cannot be granted the ability to access a folder offline, but rather that access must be granted to either all Power-Users or no Power-Users?

0 Kudos
Moderator Nars_Support

@Kasey Christian 

Desktop App's [Sync for Offline Access] can be figured granularly and independently for every user account on a given computer system. 

Please feel free to contact our Support Team at support@egnyte.com if you would like to arrange a quick demonstration of this feature, as well as, address any additional questions you may have.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos