Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC: Folders from finder favorites disappear

AndreasNeft
Vigilante

MAC: Folders from finder favorites disappear

Hi Community, 

I have switched to a MAC recently and I have an issue with using egnyte favorites in the finder. 

After I move often used folders to the favorites on the left side of the finder, they disapear regularly after some time. 

Does Anyone have an idea how to solve this? 

Best 
Andreas 

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Moderator Nars_Support

Re: MAC: Folders from finder favorites disappear

Hi @AndreasNeft -- I'm unsure of which Desktop Application (e.g. Desktop App or Desktop Sync) is being used here. If you're referring to Desktop App, the Finder Favorite entries are expected to disappear anytime Desktop App loses network connection, or when the Application is not running in the background.

Also make sure the (Egnyte Connect) Desktop App - Finder Extension is enabled under System Preferences > Extensions.

See: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-extensions-preferences-mchl8baf92fe/10.14/mac/10.14

Please feel free to contact our Support team directly at support@egnyte.com if you're unable to find a viable solution for this issue.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos
AndreasNeft
Vigilante

Hi Nars, 

thank you for your answer. 

I am using the desktop app and the extension is enabled. 

Is there any way I can keep the favorites from disapearing in the finder. 

I need to access a lot of different folders in a quite complex folder structure quickly and I have made good experiences with the explorer favorites on windows. 

thanks 

Andreas 

0 Kudos
Moderator Nars_Support

@AndreasNeft The expected behavior for Desktop App items added to the Favorites (Sidebar) section of Finder is for those item(s) to remain visible when Desktop App is properly running in the background, and while the network connection is active.

If items stored within Desktop App are constantly disappearing in the Finder Favorties list, then there is something (unknown) causing this behavior to present itself. 

Please try the following steps to remediate this issue:

1. Quit Desktop App

2. Navigate to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/ and run [Egnyte Connect Uninstaller.app]

Optional 3: Restart system if system uptime exceeds more than a few days

4. Download and install Destop App 3.3.2 from the link below

https://egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com/egnytedrive/mac/en-us/3.3.2/EgnyteConnect_3.3.2_202181.pkg

5. Continue to monitor any issues with the Finder Favorites list

------

If the issue persists, please contact our Support team directly at support@egnyte.com, so we may diagnose the anomaly over a live remote session.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos