cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Google Suite Directly when opening a file.

Highlighted
Resident

Open Google Suite Directly when opening a file.

Hello, I've enabled GSuite Integration for my organization and am looking to find out how to open docs I've created directly within google docs. When I click on the docs file, it opens in a preview window with options such as commenting, etc. There is a drop-down arrow that allows me to edit within google docs, which I feel is an extra step, is it not? Please let me know once you've had time to review. I've attached a screenshot. 

Also, when I share this file with staff, it requires the user to download not open within Egnyte Google Docs. How can we update this to open in egnyte google docs?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Open Google Suite Directly when opening a file.

Hi @rfulks 

Thank. you for reaching out to the community.  To answer the first part of your question, the listing of options to edit the file, the default option is to use WebEdit for all customers and more options will present itself depending on which integrations you allow in your Egnyte domain.  In the second part, share links do not have any association with third-party applications when recipients open the link, so you should submit a case to the "Ideas" section in the community.

0 Kudos
Users online (241)