cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Egnyte Helpdesk :: Articles have no date (re: relevance)

The Egnyte Helpdesk :: Articles have no date (re: relevance)

I find the articles in the helpdesk VERY hit and miss. There is stuff posted but there are NO dates on any articles whatsoever.

I am usually only searching for relevance within the past 6-8 months, especially in light of all of the product changes. 

I can't see why acknowledging the article authoring/update by including the date the user/admin is a downside.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Re: The Egnyte Helpdesk :: Articles have no date (re: relevance)

@Anthony Grazian - Thanks for the feedback! We'll see how to incorporate the dates better. In the future, helpdesk articles will be housed directly in this community in the updates section and will have a time stamp which should help solve the issue you're running into. 

You can also check the 'what's new' section for all the latest updates included in the releases: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/sections/200348314-What-s-New

Hope that helps in the meantime and we'll consider the feedback for future posts.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

It really "doesn't" help me when I am looking for a specific solution and the article that I find (or several) have no sort or relevance by date. So I have to read them all and try to GUESS which one is most recent. (HINT: For an admin looking for a solution to a problem the helpdesk site is frustrating because it lacks the basic document properties.)

What's new shows up for different products and has no real bearing on what I might ACTUALLY be looking for.

#TimeWaster

0 Kudos
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

I understand the frustration. Thanks again for the feedback, @Anthony Grazian. We'll take this into consideration and look for ways that they can be more useful. 

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos