Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating.....files remaining

Highlighted
Amanda88
Resident

Updating.....files remaining

Jump to solution

We are new to Egnyte, just trying to learn our way around. When i installed the desktop app, the icon for it in the lower right hand tray perpetually says "Updating..... files remaining". This to me seems to mean that there is a problem with this number of files and if everything was good it would say updated or current or something like that. Can someone let me know how this works with Egnyte?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Re: Updating.....files remaining

Jump to solution

Hi @Amanda88, welcome to Egnyte! For the Desktop App, when it says it's updating, that means it is still processing files, as you assumed. If it is saying that for a prolonged period of time, then it is best to contact support@egnyte.com just to be sure it's not hung up on something. If running smoothly, that message should go away and it will say "updated."

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @Amanda88, welcome to Egnyte! For the Desktop App, when it says it's updating, that means it is still processing files, as you assumed. If it is saying that for a prolonged period of time, then it is best to contact support@egnyte.com just to be sure it's not hung up on something. If running smoothly, that message should go away and it will say "updated."

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos
Amanda88
Resident

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos