cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-Factor authentication for all accounts

2-Factor authentication for all accounts

0 Votes

I don't understand why two-factor authentication is not offered to all users of the service.

For a company providing "business class" storage, this should be standard for all services. Google, Microsoft, Box, and even Dropbox offers 2-factor authentication. And these are free services.

I expect Egnyte to be better than them.

9 Comments
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll share this with our team so that we consider making two-step login verification available for all plans in the future.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you contact your Egnyte sales rep if you are interested in adding two-factor authentication to your account.

Thanks,
Shyam

Sachin Ganpat
Resident

Sorry, I don't intend to pay more for something that I expect to be standard on all accounts. I would quicker move my files to a more secure service.

Johan Johansson
Vigilante

Two factor authentication is such a basic feature nowadays, it is unreasonable that this costs over 800$ Extra per year for our 7 users!!!

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: Considering

I've passed this onto the team for their next pricing review. I don't have a current timeline, but it is definitely on their radar and will be discussed. I'll let you know once we have updates. Thanks for the suggestion.

JS C GROUP
Vigilante

This has been a pain point in my organization for a while. Egnyte may not think much of it, but among my IT saffers its the reason we are looking into other cloud solutions right now.

JS C GROUP
Vigilante

$70 dollars a month for something standard that most websites offer for free is sort of puzzling. I get paying for a useful service, but I only have like 10-15 users, I'm not some company with 100+ users.

I pay for it, and the two factor is not very modern. It wants me to use some dedicated app to authenticate, when my organization already uses an authenticator app. So, my office now authenticates from their cell phone numbers, which is insecure. The interface to authenticate via cell phone number is bad as well, very unintuitive.

For 10 or so user small business-- $840/year for 2 factor is not going to break the bank. As a business decision by Egnyte to gain revenue it makes sense. As a business decision it also makes sense to not go through the trouble of moving over all my users at this point to another service, but for an IT worker with an always limited budget from management, the idea about paying for 2 factor is kind of a slap in the face. I’m already thinking of other platforms I can switch over to. That’s not a business decision, that’s just a out of spite kind of decision.

Johan Johansson
Vigilante

OK thanks for this information. Yes it is more the slap in the face than anything else.

Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

We are considering adding two-factor authentication for all users.  On the whole, we generally see that most companies prefer to use the two-factor solution that is integrated with their identity provider, we understand that not all customers have this option and are looking at how we can do this without adding additional expense.