cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to decrease Shared Folder Notification time to 1-4 times month for

Ability to decrease Shared Folder Notification time to 1-4 times month for

Currently Egnyte allows the frequency of sharing notification of emails to either be from 1 min to 24 hours (max).  We use Egnyte for our customers and I don't want them receiving shared notification emails every day (24 hours).  They complain that this is too much like spam, and our unfortunate forced response as been to suggest they opt completely out of the shared notification emails.  Mostly they are doing this... but this makes me unhappy.

I WANT my customers to receive notifications of changes every week or on a time scale that works for them.  In addition I'd like them to be able to change the setting to once every month.  This way the customer can get notified that once a week/month 4Thought Marketing has made some changes... but not every day.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
James Petty
Resident

Yes! This is a big problem for our copmany too. Our emplyees have begun disabling the notification all together due to far too many emails.

Emily Ganz1
Resident

Mark and James,

Thank you for the suggestion and we will look into adding this feature. Let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Best,

Emily

Jessica Barnes
Resident

I have tried to turn off the notifications because I am sick of receiving them, but after unticking the box "Notify on changes to shared folders", I still get them! Please help..

Emily Ganz1
Resident

Hi Jessica,

Please submit a ticket and support will look into the issue. Once you turn off the notifications you should not receive them anymore. Thank you and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Emily

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

While we don't have a way to set periods longer than a day, we do now have an activity stream where users can see recent updates in a folder.