cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to pre-defined tags

Ability to pre-defined tags

It would be beneficial to be able to set pre-defined "tags" for files, so that employees do not have to type each one out each time and can more easily call them up.

We have a file naming convention in place that uses 3 letter names for different projects and properties.  If someone mistypes one into a file name(eg: ACB instead of ABC) then that file won't be searchable by that project name.

I'm envisioning something similar to the Meraki dashboard.  Here's a screen shot:  https://centurygroup.egnyte.com/dl/2Fb4Hg3RDe

With the custom meta-tagging functionality coming soon (I hope), perhaps the ability to pre-define tags would be of further benefit. 

5 Comments
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for writing to us. The example you provided certainly makes things a lot simpler to understand and avoid to & fro via emails. 

I will surely pass this on to the Product team to see what can be done with the way the UI development is positioned.  

Regards

Sagar

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Needs Info

@Jeremy Gruman - we're reviewing older enhancement requests and I came across your request.  The link you provided to the screenshot no longer works.  Can you send it again or give more details on exactly what you're looking for?

With custom metadata, you can predefine a set of fields that users can use to add to documents and then search.  It would be good to know if this satisfies your request or whether you're looking for something different.

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

@Jeremy Gruman - just following up on Greg's question above. If this idea is still needed, can you provide some more details on your needs or let us know if the custom metadata option satisfies what you needed. Thanks!

CenturyGroup
Steward

My request is probably resolved once Egnyte has metatag field creation in the web UI, which has been promised now for well over a year.  We want to be able to set a series of tags at the admin level so that staff can use a tag easily and without being able to create new fields.  An example would be us being able to define a field called PROVINCE and then set a list of provinces that could be entered into that field (eg: AB, BC,MB, SK, ON, QU, NB, NF, NS, PEI).