cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Request files from others" on right-click

Add "Request files from others" on right-click

there is now an option to "share> copy link OR view link options" on the right click, but when you "view link options" its basically the same as copying the link. could you pls add "request files from others" to the link options?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
12 Comments
Sam Scott2
Resident

We utilize Egnyte Connect (for the mapped drive "look and feel").  When using Egnyte Connect, we'd like to be able to share a folder with an outside party without having to first sign in to the Web UI.  To ask for a prospective client or business partner to provide information in a one-directional manner (send stuff to our firm), we must sign in through the Web UI. Currently, one can "copy link" or "share link" by right-clicking on a folder in the desktop look.  However, there is not the ability to "Request Files From Others" (the 3rd option in the "share" functionality from the Web UI) from the desktop.  For those that primarily use Egnyte Connect to access files, it would be a huge time saver to be able to initiate the link to "Request Files From Others" through desktop capabilities.  For instance, we often request information from a prospective client before a meeting (via email) and drop this link into the email.  The ability to streamline the process would be fantastic.  Thanks!

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to us. I understood your feature request. This is not a feature on the Desktop App as of now. I am moving this post to the Feature Request section. 

If I understand your correctly. You are looking at a way to create an Upload Link just like you can do it from the UI. 

This is certainly an interesting request and I will make sure it reaches the right set of eyes for consideration. 

Thanks

Sam Scott2
Resident

Yes, that is correct.  We would like to be able to create the “Request Files from Others” link directly from the desktop.  At this point, it can only be done through the UI.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Perfect. Thanks for the confirmation Sam. I will write back once I have more information on this. 

CassieTorda
Watchdog

Thanks for the suggestion Kathryn! Are you referring to when you access Egnyte Connect on your desktop? 

Kathryn2
Resident

Hi Cassie, 

Yes, sorry - when i use the windows explorer interface. 

Thank you :)

CassieTorda
Watchdog
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks! This is a great suggestion and we always want to bring more collaboration features into our desktop application. We're adding this to our road map and will let you know when it's released.

Kathryn2
Resident

thank you :)

ITPro
Recruit

This feature would be very helpful and go further torwards bringing out feature parity between the WebUI and Windows Explorer Connect App.  

ITPro
Recruit

We'd really find this helpful as well.  Any update?