cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans to offer two factor authentication?

Any plans to offer two factor authentication?

0 Kudos

Originally from ticket #99229.

I would feel safer with my data if this was implemented. Is it in the pipeline?

Submitted from: https://www.egnyte.com/support/ask-technical-support.html

Hi Mitchell,

We currently do not have this feature and we thank you for the feedback. Your suggestions are very important to us and allows us to improve our products and services. We will pass your idea along to our Product Team and will be considered in future releases.

To submit your suggestions directly to our Product Team in the future, please use the link below. The Community Discussions allows other Egnyte users to vote and comment on your idea.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/categories/567-community-discussions

4 Comments
Chris34
Resident

Hi Mitchell,

This feature is definitely in our pipeline.  We will make an announcement when the feature approaches release

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Mitchell,

Not sure if you're still following this thread, but we released Two Step Login Verification earlier this spring for regulating access to the web interface, and we are about to release a version of Personal Local Cloud which has TSLV as an optional feature. TSLV is a feature in our "Advanced Authentication" package.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Trey

Sachin Ganpat
Resident

I don't understand why two-factor authentication is not offered to all users. For a company supposedly providing "business class" storage, this should be standard for all services. Google, Microsoft, Box, and even Dropbox offers 2-factor authentication. And these are free services.

Come on Egnyte, you can do better than that.

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

We are cleaning up some older ideas hence the delayed response, but two factor authentication has been available in Egnyte for many years now for Business and Enterprise plans. 

There is a consideration for making it available to all plans, but that is currently under review. You can track the status of that here.