cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Task to multiple people

Assign Task to multiple people

I saw assign a task to a group (that assumes a group exists with all and only those who need to complete the task) ... I see another use case that is equally important from my perspective

I need to be able to assign the same task to different people (not a group) without re-creating the task ... could duplicate and change task owner, but ideally, I could assign multiple users to same task

Tags (2)
23 Comments
Marylee Murphy
Resident

I would like to assign a task to a lot of users that I have put into a "Group".

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Marylee,

Thank you for your feedback. 

As of now, assigning a task to multiple users or groups is not possible.

Refer the document for more info:- https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/114094843211#tasks

I am sure we will be building this up as we go forward with this feature. 

Thanks

Sagar

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I understand what you mean. Currently, you can only assign a task to one user at a time and then repeat the steps if the same task is to be assigned to another user. 

I will pass on your request to the Product Team for considering this feature enhancement. 

Regards

Sagar

Michael Rea1
Vigilante

+1 on this. Duplicating tasks for multiple people (eg project team) is a chore and a blocker to proper adoption.

Gayle Fiji
Resident

I definitely second this request. It would be very helpful.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Gayle,

Thank you for your vote. I have added you as a +1 for this feature request. 

Thanks

Sagar

Mike Black
Resident

+1.  Very needed.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Thank you for your votes gentlemen. This puts on more weight on this feature request. 

Regards

Sagar.

Michael Rea1
Vigilante

Sagar, I note that Citrix ShareFile has this feature as part of their "Approval Worklow". You can request activity/feedback/approval on single files against multiple people.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Michael,

Thank you for writing back. I do see this feature is available with Citrix ShareFile as a part of the feedback and approval flow. 

From what I know we do plan on enhancing task assignment and multi-assignee assignment is high on the list of requests. But nothing set in stone in the timeline yet. Unfortunately I do not have any ETA from the Product Team on this one. 

When this releases, you shall see it in the Announcements Section of the Helpdesk. 

We thank you for your feedback and patience. 

Thanks & Regards

Sagar.