cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a Task to a Folder

Assign a Task to a Folder

This would be helpful so that nothing that needs to be downloaded will be left out and all files will appear when clicking on your task.  The link would open up to all the files.

7 Comments
Moderator Sagar

Hi Mike,

Thank you for writing to us. Would you mind elaborating on your use case in reference to this feature request ? I intention here to understand how you would like to put this feature in use. 

Regards

Sagar

Mike Black
Resident

As a Surveying Company, I assign tasks for my field crews to complete.  They download the office data, take it to the field, and collect additional data to upload back to Egnyte.  Currently, when I assign a task to them I can only add the task to a singular file, therefore when they open the link they only see one file that they need to download when they actually have multiple files they need to download.  I would like to add the task to a project folder so when they receive it the link will open the entire project folder for them to view and download all files including coordinate files, pdf drawings, work orders, etc.  Then they can take that to the field, collect the additional field data that updates the existing files and then upload them to our field data folder and update the task as complete.  Either that or add multiple attachments to the same task.

Does this make sense?

Moderator Sagar

Hi Mike,

Absolutely. You explained it in the simplest manner and exact way you would like to use this feature. I will check with the Product Team and write back once I have an update.

Thanks

Sagar

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

sweeden
Vigilante

I would also very much like to see this feature. I feel you should be able to assign tasks to an entire folder. Is this being worked on?

Joy_Rowe
Steward

+1 to this ask. Tasks at the folder level would be very useful.