cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better sync options for the Personal Cloud

Better sync options for the Personal Cloud

At present users sometimes have to wait a long time for files and folders to sync. Often they do not need to have copies of these particular files and folders on their machines.

Therefore I'd like to see the Personal Cloud have the ability to:

• choose from the entire folder structure which folders to include / exclude (at present you can only choose from the top level)

• exclude certain file types / files over a certain size

22 Comments
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Hi Gareth

We are working on sub folder level exclusion, which will be in next update. Please let me know if you have any further questions of suggestions!

Emily

Gareth Jones
Resident

thanks Emily. Any idea when the update will be available.?

Retired Employee

Hi Gareth,

I don't have an estimated date of arrival yet but I will keep you updated. 

Best,

Emily

Jason Newell1
Resident

Rather than start a new post, I added my name to this one.  Any updates?

Any updates?  Please?

James Borchart
Resident

I am also looking for this functionality.  Updates appreciated.  Thank you.

Retired Employee

Hello Everyone,

We are now actively working on this feature. I don't have an estimated time of release, but we have engineers assigned to the task and I will keep you updated. Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Emily

Donald Bayne
Resident

I would like to see where only changed files are sync all other files are skipped.

Sitka Admin
Resident

I'd like to see this feature as well - any updates?

Chris Gregory2
Resident

Since the post was closed on "Backup Changes", I will post here.  I'm somewhat disappointed to here that the Backup feature is going to be discontinued. The Personal Cloud feature will be replacing it but Syncronization and Backup are two comepletely different animals.  If you delete a file by accident that delete will be syncronized to tle cloud and you are out of luck. The current backup feature is why I went with Egnyte in the first place. I think EOL this feature is a bad idea.