cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Delete Links

Bulk Delete Links

Deleting my expired links one by one becomes tedious, in fact deleting links at all is tedious. Please add a feature to allow for a checkbox or a way to bulk delete links.

9 Comments

Agree with this so much.  I've asked for the same thing many times already also.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. 

I agree that it would be a tedious/tiring job to browse to the links one at a time and then delete them. A check box function will certainly ease the activity for the users. 

An admin should be able to delete multiple links at once from the link summary report. Using role based administration, if your admin has chosen for power users to access the reports, then even a power user will right to perform the deletion activity. Ofcourse, this is just a workaround for now, but it should help until we come up with a way to allow multiple deletes via the My Links section. 

Another thought is to have the link automatically delete 7 days after it expires.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Thanks for the feedback everyone - we'll definitely consider this.  Note that expired links are automatically deleted after 90 days.  We keep them around for a while so that you have the opportunity to re-enable them, but they do get deleted.

Would it be helpful if we defaulted the view to show just active links?

Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Annie OBrien
Vigilante

It would be helpful as the admin to be able to delete active public links for all active/deleted employees. Seems the only way to do this is by downloading the folder, deleting it, then reuploading it.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi @Annie OBrien,

Our Product Team is considering the idea proposed on this post. For now as an admin you should still be able to delete the links using the link summary report. Simply run the report, select the links to be deleted and hit the delete button on the top header.

Thanks.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Robert_Kuhn
Vigilante

I also believe that there should a way to manage expired links.  Ideally this would be something that the Administrator can set as a global setting (i.e. Automatically delete expired links [Y/N]").  This can also go granular to where there would a check box that allows the user to override this auto delete; the reason why a user would perhaps not want an expired link to auto delete would be for compliance (i.e. Legal Hold) reasons.

Another option would be to send a report or an e-mail to the user with a list of their links that have expired.  Or have it notify the user x-days before it expires and if they do nothing then it will auto delete.  These notifications should also provide the user the ability to opt-out of.

Should a expired link be delete, either manually or automatically, this should be recorded in some audit log for compliance reasons.  I would even go as far as to make it something that can be alerted on if you have Egnyte Protect depending on the sensitivity scale assigned.

And of course it would be great for the Administrator to have the ability to do a bulk delete of all expried links.