cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Username on an Egnyte Account

Change Username on an Egnyte Account

The ability to change the username of an Egnyte account will prevent the need for deleting and recreating an account after a name change when AD authentication is being used.

22 Comments

In my company, user ID will be prefixed with country code (e.g. DE10001 for German colleague) and Egnyte is using the same user ID. However, if user moves to another country (e.g. Thailand), his user ID on Active Directory will be changed to TH1xxxx. But, we cannot change user ID on Egnyte to be the same as AD. What we can do is to delete DE account on Egnyte and create TH account on Egnyte.

Egnyte should consider feature which allows Egnyte administrator to change Egnyte User ID.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Hi Singhadet,

Thank you for writing to us with the details of the use case. It helps understand what is expected in this feature. 

I will have this over to the Product Team for them to check out its feasibility. 

Thanks

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We do have plans this year to provide an ability to change the username of a user in Egnyte

JohnG
Vigilante

Hello,

What is the status of username change? We'd very much like to utilize this feature today!

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Community Manager

Our team is actively working on a project to allow for username rename

Community Manager

We are just about ready to release an update that will allow for changing a user's username - marking as accepted

Robert Mesec
Vigilante

I have need this feature for years. Will there be an announcement when ready?

Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Hi @Robert Mesec, yes, we will post here when this feature is available. 

Community Manager

This is currently in beta and will be rolled out to all customers soon, hopefully this month.