cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the name Power Users to INTERNAL Users and Standard Users to EXTERNAL Users

Change the name Power Users to INTERNAL Users and Standard Users to EXTERNAL Users

Power Users = Employees, should be simply called INTERNAL Users and Standard Users = Business Partners, should be simply called EXTERNAL Users to elminate confusion. Internal and External are much more simplified and everyone understands the difference. So many people keep asking what the difference between Power and Standards users are because the names don't really give you the information that you need and a simple name change would fix that.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Considering

Thanks for your feedback @milong - we're definitely considering changes to these names to make them easier for users to understand.

ITPro
Recruit

I strongly agree with this.  Naming should always be as self explanitory as possible.... otherwise, you have to lookup the definition. 

JS C GROUP
Vigilante

I agree, this makes more sense.

I completely agree with this. I find "Power User" and "Standard User" terms very confusing when explaining the different users to someone. This would be a great enhancement to Egnyte. 

YGS IT
Vigilante

I completely agree with this. Please change the names to minimize any confusion. 

Greg Knight1
Vigilante

I actually disagree.  Not all organisations have a split of power and standard users between internal and external users.