cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color code folders

Color code folders

It would be helpful if you could color code folders like you can in Windows or in the Mac Finder.

Tags (1)
8 Comments
DimaB
Steward

I love that idea. Count on me....

Employee Tri Hoang
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

Thanks for the idea! Other members of the Egnyte community already posted something similar Mac Finder Color Tags. For prioritziation purposes, please make sure to "kudo" that one as well!

Employee Tri Hoang
Employee
Status changed to: Considering

Windows Explorer does not support color code metadata like Mac Finder does. For Mac, we can definitely considering adding color code synchronization support.

DimaB
Steward

Hi,

I think there are few reasons why people like to have different folders. lt is to higlight the important data in folder, all the folders look decent and impressive and easy to access folders with different colors or icons.

Looks like MS do not have a nice way to apply color to folders, but can you make an options to pick a deferent icons? You can find many options here: %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll

DimaB
Steward

Looks like the Egnyte not even allow to customise icons using windows explorer functinality. Do not see reason why? 

Also, will be nice if we can change folder icons/color on web portal...

Employee Tri Hoang
Employee

@DimaB: Windows Explorer currently blocks all files and folders in network drive from being customized. By default, users cannot change folders icons from folder properties menu. 

DimaB
Steward

That's right for the Egnyte Connect. Will allow to change icons on the Egnyte Sync? Thanks

Employee Tri Hoang
Employee

Yes! You can change icons for folders in Egnyte Desktop Sync.