cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current User Permission by Folder

Current User Permission by Folder

I'm looking for a report which will show me current folder permissions. Not selected time period or change audit. The reports I found are only audit (permission change) reports and they're only for a period of time. To report the current situation is not possible at this stage. If I only have 5 people at the firm but have tones of sub folders it will also be very difficult.
Can you upgrade report tool and generate current permission report ?

14 Comments
HRL Admin1
Resident

I saw a post about getting a report with the current permissions by folder file report and it was sent to the product team in 2016.  Is there an ETA of when this would be developed? It seems pretty basic and would be extremely helpful.

Heather

TJ Norris
Steward

Agreed! This is a HUGE pain point for us too. There is no good way to do it. Please add this functionality.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Amac/TJ,

Thank you for writing to us. I completely understood your point about a report which will show you the users having permissions to a folder. I will be sure to pass on this request to the Product Team.

If the user list is not too big, then a little work with the user permissions report should fetch you the required results. Not that this report is exactly what you need, but it will at-least give you a way to get the desired results. 

Regards

Sagar

TJ Norris
Steward

Sagar, 

I've used the User Permission Report for that purpose as a workaround in the past, but with our userbase over 600 users, it is very painful to use this report, as you have to click each person's name one at a time. There's no select all button. It also requires a good deal of data manipulation once you export it to Excel. 

Regards, 

TJ

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

TJ,

Thank you for writing back. I understand your problem very well. I am sure the product team knows this aspect too since there are quite a number of domains who have more number of users. I would touch base with the engineering team and post an update here. 

Regards

Sagar.

Dear Egnyte Product Team,

Please add the feature to generate a report for current folder permission by folder and its sub folder. This will help us a lot!

Gerald

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Gerald,

Thank you for your vote. I have added you as a +1 on this feature request. I do see a feature request ticket filed with the Product Team, but sadly I do not have an ETA. 

I just want to assure you that your votes are counted and your suggestion are well heard by the Product Team. 

Regards

Sagar

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

We're actively working on a new permissions report that will let you export out the permissions either for the entire domain or for a specified folder and its subfolders.

Colin_Dooley
Vigilante

NextEra Energy would love to see this report as well.

Community Manager GregNeustaetter
Community Manager

@Colin_Dooley - we're hoping to have this new report in place before the end of May